About me & other things (yes,
the boring part):
to bypass this bit)
Hi, my name is Mike and I am 35 year old Railway Civil Engineer currently working in the UK, although until recently I was working as an
'ex-pat' in Malaysia on a major railway infrastructure project. For those of
you not too sure of where or what Malaysia is, a short geography
Malaysia consists of two land masses,
Peninsular Malaysia (the main part) in the West and East Malaysia
(not surprisingly to the East). Peninsular Malaysia lies between
Singapore to the South and Thailand to the North with it's West
coast bordering the Malacca Straits and on it's East coast, the warm waters of the South China Sea gently lap. (to be continued.....)
My hobbies include rock climbing, caving, the
cinema, the Internet (of course) and the links below are intended
to reflect this..
Below are a number of places on the web that I
think are worth a visit either because they're useful or because
they are just fun. Because the number of links has grown to such
an extent that it was becomming difficult to browes them easily,
I have catogorized them into suitable groupings and have provided
(at no extra cost) the navigation bar below to aid you.
(Actually, there aren't that many links but I just liked the idea
of the navigation bar!)
- All you need to know about climbing in the
- The caves of East Malaysia (currently under construction)
- All about one of the most extensive cave
systems in the world.
- The British Cave Research Assoication
- Developments in the caving scene.
- Council of Southern Caving Clubs
- For information about caving in the South
- Mendip Newspage
- The current goings on in one the the
largest caving areas in the South of England.
- Andy Sparrow Caving Services
- Need help in arranging a forthcoming
caving trip, or just need some advice. If this man
dosen't know the answer, then probably no one does.
- Virtual cave.
- Unable to go caving in person. Try the next best thing (almost).
TV and Cinema:
Internet Movie Database
- The ultimate reference guide to the
- The British Broadcasting Company (BBC)homepage
- British TV at it's best ???
- The Malaysian Tourism Office
- A good starting point for exploring
- Where the 'ex-pats' hang out in KL.
- Electronic Telegraph
- A good guide to what's happening in the
- Private Eye online
- For a satirical look at the world.
- Blackwell Bookshops
- Finding it hard to get a copy of your
desired book? Try here.
- Waterstones Bookshops
- Another good UK bookshop chain.
- The British Library
- The ultimate book site .
- A good place to look for test results of
- Get your own Home page, like me.
- Lyndia Carter as Wonder Women
- A good fun site dedicated to Wonder Women
which includes sound as well.
- Sandra Bullock Links
- All you could need (or want) to know about
- Terri Hatcher Web Ring
- A good starting point for pages concering
- The Graphics Station.
- All the Web graphics you could even want.
your own animated GIF
- Ever wondered how animated GIF's are made.
Visit here to find out.
The Unknown (also
known as miscellanious, but fun)
- Earth and moon viewer
- Great user defined satellite views of the
earth and moon .
- Foreign Exchange rates
- A useful currency converter.
- If you've been to Malaysia or Singapour
you probably know what an SPG is, if not visit here.
- The Visable Human project
- Probably onr of the most extensive
research programs into the human body.
- One of the most informative pages on the
Please let me know
what you think of this web page by e-mailing me. Just click on